Do you think your workload could get done in less time?
In December 2021, The United Arab Emirates adopted the 4.5 day workweek. There are also discussions on a 4 day week. In the end, I think what people need is flex options.
Why I think an intrapreneur week would be great for business productivity:
- You could work with your own style à la carte according to your needs and energy levels.
Morning people could come at 5 am if they wish, night people work after hours. Only one rule : the output that is agreed on is delivered.
- Work in the morning, mixed work/play time in the afternoon may produce much better outputs for the individual and the company.
- High achievers need stimulation, fresh opportunities and challenge.
- Changing settings, environments even bosses regularly prevent burnout, fatigue, lack of opportunities.
- Creativity can only happen when a person feels as little disturbance, pressure and obligations as possible. A creative mind is a free mind.
If you want the best out of your staff, why not give them space, time and freedom? The intrapreneur workweek may be a bit stretched at first but the best talents would be thrilled to work differently and get challenged.